The CDT Project provides a fully functional C and C++ Integrated Development Environment based on the Eclipse platform. Features include: support for project creation and managed build for various tool-chains standard make build, source navigation, various source knowledge tools, such as type hierarchy, call graph, include browser, macro definition browser, code editor with syntax highlighting, folding and hyperlink navigation, source code re-factoring and code generation, visual debugging tools, including memory, registers, and dis-assembly viewers.
The setup is quite simple, if you are already using eclipse and briefly here are the steps.
- Look for the version of Eclipse you are using from Help — About Eclipse. For example, Version: Juno Release.
- Go to this link, http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/downloads.php and look for software repository link corresponding to your eclipse version. For example, http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/juno corresponds to Juno Release.
- In Eclipse, Help — Install new software add the above repository link.
- Select the required tools and install. At-least install the main features.
- Once complete you would be able to create C++ projects just like Java projects.
|CDT Plugin – Install New Software|